1) Dress up once in a while and go somewhere fancy.
2) Hire a limo.
3) One word: Flowers (for either a male or a female).
4) Wear good cologne/perfume.
5) Send a card just because.
6) Light a fire in the fireplace, if you have one, or a bonfire on a beach, if it is legal.
7) Light candles–and lots of them.
8) Put on soft music. We recommend classical, jazz or instrumental. (This doesn’t mean playing acid rock softly.)
9) Make dinner and serve it on the good china.
10) Go to a restaurant that has a pianist, violinist, cellist, etc.
11) Turn off your cell phone and pager during your date.
12) Use a softer, indoor voice and say sweet things.
14) Read poetry together.
15) Go to the symphony, ballet, or whenever your partner wants to go.
16) Go ballroom dancing.
17) Don’t mention sports, the kids, work or any kind of troubles for the whole evening.
18) Take a carriage ride.
19) Take an incline ride or a trolley ride, if your city has one, and view all the city lights at night.
20) Take a river cruise or a boat ride for no special occasion.